SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY
DO YOU STAMMER?
IS YOUR SPEECH DIFFERENT AFTER A STROKE?
HAS YOUR VOICE CHANGED RECENTLY?
I provide a service to adults who have difficulties with:
- speech (articulating words and sounds)
- language (finding the right words to use, putting them in order, understanding)
- voice (changes in the sound of your vocal quality or pitch, or changes in how your voicebox feels)
- more general issues around communication e.g. presentation skills, confidence
I offer an initial assessment with advice, and exercises if appropriate. If treatment is the way forward, an agreed number of sessions can be booked and followed at a later date by a review appointment.
Therapy is usually effective but cannot be guaranteed.
I qualified as a speech and language therapist in 1990 and am registered with:
• the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (Cert.MRCSLT)
• the Health Professions Council (RegHPC)
• the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice
I hold sessions at the Albany Centre, St Albans, or may be able to come to your
home for sessions (I cover a 10 mile radius).
Appointments can be arranged at a variety of times including some Saturday mornings.
My charge for April 2011 to March 2012 is £65 per hour (£110 initial appointment which is a combined assessment and therapy session).
For advice and help please contact:
The Albany Centre
4 Victoria Street